Job Type: Part Time
Job Location: Frederick, MD
- Perform therapeutic massages such as Swedish, Deep tissue, Sports, Reflexology, and other as needed of soft tissues and joints.
- May assist in the assessment of range of motion and muscle strength.
- Utilize complementary aids, such as wet compresses, iced and warm.
- Able to access each client’ needs and goals of the visit, whether it is to be pampered or to get rid of stress or chronic pain.
- Consult clients to determine their existing conditions and be able to develop and propose clients’ treatment plans that specify which types of massage are to be used.
- Maintain treatment records, as well as provide clients guidance and information about techniques for postural improvement and stretching, strengthening, relaxation, and rehabilitative exercises.
- Keep up to date with current and modern techniques.
- Guide clients to and from treatment rooms.
- Set workstation, treatment room, and keep everything neat.
- Regularly check on clients for maximum comfort, safety and security throughout service.
- Promote and sell spa services including Magnolia Solution plans and retail offerings related to the Spa.
- Maintain cleanliness of treatment room throughout shift, dispose of trash and dirty linens, and secure supplies and equipment at the end of each shift.
- Monitor and stick to time schedule throughout the day.
- Handle inappropriate client behavior by following City Magnolia standard operating procedures for Inappropriate conduct for clients and therapists, leading up to and including stopping a treatment or service and informing supervisor/manager.
- Maintain current skills and licensure in service area as per regional requirements.
- Report accidents, injuries, and unsafe work conditions to manager; complete safety training and certifications.
- Follow all company policies and procedures; make sure uniform and personal appearance are clean and professional; maintain confidentiality of proprietary information; protect company assets.
- Welcome and acknowledge all guests according to company standards; anticipate and address clients’ service needs; thank guests with genuine appreciation.
- Speak with others using clear and professional language.
- Develop and maintain positive working relationships with others.
- Commitment to training
- Licensed Massage Therapist
- Communication skills
- Decision making skills
- Listening skills
- Basic computer skills
- Being able to work in team environment as well as independently
- Physical stamina
- Physical strength and dexterity
- Commissions plus tips
- All Employee services and products at reduced cost
- Employment growth opportunities
City Magnolia is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce. City Magnolia does not discriminate on the basis of disability, veteran status or any other basis protected under federal, state or local laws.
Job Category: Massage Specialist
Experience: 2 years +
Qualifications: Current Maryland Massage Therapist License